If you are like me, the holidays is a time where everything seems to go to waist. My waist. We make all our favorite holiday goodies and they, of course, must be taste tested at least once a day to make sure they haven’t gone bad. What is the best way to keep the testing to a minimum and the waist as well? Here are some methods that work well for us.
- Give it away. If you are making goody plates to give away then give them away that very same day if possible.
- Put it in the freezer. Only get it out for the occasions for which it was made. Just remember to take it out in time to thaw. Though frozen fudge goes a long way because it must be in the mouth long enough to melt.
- Don’t make extra. This has always been my biggest challenge because I don’t want to run out. It’s okay to run out of goodies. Veggie and cheese trays are a great way to subsidize your snack table.
- Keep your favorite healthy snack on hand. My favorites are Wheat Thins and dried mango. With these favorites on hand it is easier for me to stay away from the goodies.
- Don’t stress over it. This is a big one for me. The more stressed I get the more likely I am to eat the goodies. Just remember that holiday “disasters” usually make the best Christmas memories.
What works for you? Share your strategies for keeping your Christmas goodies from going to waist?